July 22nd in the afternoon
Status: 9 to 12 mailboxes were forced open sometime Friday nite. A couple of residents saw boxes open, mail from them on the ground.
A board member was notified of the thief. He and another board member contacted the Glendora PD and the US Post Office in Glendora. This was a crime. The PD incident reference number is
Today, 3 board members discussed options with supervisors at the Glendora Post Office.
Here’s a summary:
- IF the HOA wants to replace the mailboxes, it will be our decision and we must pay all the costs.
- Any new box units must be on the approved USPS list.
- The 3 board members put in a conference call from the car to Derek Mc McCaulley at Personal Touch, our property management company. Derek had been alerted of the theft and had been informed we wanted new secure mail units but didn’t know about the USPS policy of change.
- We wanted to see a bid from an authorize installer. Derek told us to drive to one of their accounts to review a postbox upgrade that had been installed 3 years ago. We gave our approval to solicit a bid.
- Within 2 hours we had a bid for new units to include more parcel boxes, more secure locks and upgraded metal. We had been on- line looking at options and prices. The board voted via email to approve the purchase with a request that the installation happen as soon as possible. It may still be a couple of weeks.
- The Glendora PO stated they would START DELIVERING MAIL TUESDAY, 7/22, TO BOXES THAT HAD NOT BEEN DAMAGED. If your boxes cannot be locked, you will have to go to the PO to pick up your mail.
GLENDORA GARDEN HOMES IV BOARD